Why COHN’s “too big to be small” and “too small to be big” size is ideal for any client
COHN has 22 employees today. We’ve been as large as 35 employees and as small as 18, but we always hover between 22 and 25. Our size is influenced by circumstance and client roster, but for the most part, we are sized by design. We believe a 25-person marketing team is the perfect sized agency for our clients and our employees.
Why A Mid-Sized Marketing Agency Is The Perfect Fit
We (probably) won’t ever land the Pepsi’s or Toyota’s of the world, but we compete with larger agencies that boast hundreds (sometimes thousands) of employees. We also find ourselves positioned next to smaller agencies and freelancers in certain situations. COHN really is “too big to be small” and “too small to be big,” and there are a few key benefits to this size:
- Personalized Attention – We pride ourselves on providing personalized attention to our clients. At our size, we’re able to get to know our clients on a deeper level and provide tailored solutions to meet their unique needs. Our clients don’t have to worry about getting lost in the shuffle or being treated like just another number.
- Depth of Expertise – While larger agencies may have more people, they may not have the same level of expertise across all areas of marketing. We have a team of experts in each marketing area, including strategy, creative design, content, social media, public relations, and digital marketing. This depth of expertise allows us to provide comprehensive solutions that are both creative and data-driven.
- Flexibility – As a mid-sized advertising agency, we have the flexibility to adapt to our clients’ needs quickly. We’re not weighed down by bureaucracy or layers of management, so we can pivot quickly when necessary. This agility allows us to be more responsive to our clients’ needs and provide faster turnaround times.
- Cost-Effective – While larger agencies may have more resources, they also come with a higher price tag. Smaller agencies or freelancers may be more affordable, but they may not have the same level of expertise or resources. COHN strikes the perfect balance between cost-effectiveness and expertise. Our clients get the best of both worlds – high-quality work at a reasonable price.
- Genuine Partnership – We view our relationship with our clients as a partnership. We’re not just a vendor that provides services, but a strategic partner that works with our clients to achieve their goals. This collaborative approach builds long-lasting relationships with our clients to achieve better results.
Our founder Jeff Cohn started this agency in 2000 after decades in corporate marketing. Jeff had hired many agencies in his role, and he was constantly disappointed by the level of personalized service and solutions his agencies provided. Most agency relationships end up feeling more like vendor-customer instead of partner-partner, so he hung the proverbial shingle and started his own agency aimed at high-touch, in-depth service for his clients.
If you’re looking for an agency partner, we urge you to consider a team that’s our size. This size sweet spot lets you get the best of both worlds, and we’ll always be available when you need to have a quick chat.