Striking the Right Tone in Healthcare Marketing
Tales of medical professionals going above and beyond is nothing new. But in uncertain times, this story from our client Valley View Hospital was needed more than we could say.
With impending supply shortages, the need for PPE, or Personal Protective Equipment, was top of mind. Valley View Hospital, like most across the country, faced an urgent need to protect team members on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Understanding the correlation between feeling protected and doing the best job possible, the nurses at Valley View Hospital sprung into action.
Gathering material used to wrap surgical instruments, and some pipe cleaners for support, they put sewing machines to use and continued producing protective masks for the team.
This was a story deserving of recognition, and as a top healthcare marketing agency, COHN got to work.
Pulling from our expertise in healthcare public relations, we acted fast to secure coverage in some of the top media affiliates here in Colorado and across the country.
Below is a high-level recap from our media relations team, which includes TV broadcast, TV online, Instagram LIVE, online-only, and public radio:
- Colorado nurses sewing masks to fight shortage during outbreak (9NEWS)
- Colorado governor sets economic measures amid virus outbreak (Associated Press)
- Medical professionals make masks that are in short supply (Tamron Hall Show/ABC)
- Coronavirus mask shortages leave people with makeshift solutions (USA Today)
- How hospitals are dealing with mask shortages (Colorado Public Radio)
- Valley View Hospital nurses prepare for COVID-19 with sewing machines (Post Independent)
- Colorado nurses set up sewing room in Glenwood Springs hospital to make protective masks (Denver 7, ABC)
- Coronavirus outbreak in Colorado with Brian Maass (CBS Denver)
We are so proud to be working with the team at Valley View Hospital.
Even though healthcare marketing and healthcare public relations may seem trivial during times of crisis, hospital marketing can help share the positive stories of good news during a pandemic.