Senior Communications Director
- Birthplace: Altavista, Virginia
- College: Duke University
- Previous companies: National Cannabis Industry Association (NCIA), Atlantic Media, New Partners, Mark Udall for U.S. Senate, Chris Dodd for President, Chet Culver for Governor, Harris Miller for U.S. Senate, Tim Kaine for Governor, Denise Majette for U.S. Senate, Democratic Party of Georgia, The Fortune Society.
- Brands Taylor has worked on: National Journal, The Atlantic, National Association of Convenience Stores, 7-Eleven, American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees.
- Industry Experience: Cannabis, Real Estate, B2B, Healthcare, Public-Private Partnerships (Government), Food & Beverage, Tourism, Franchises.
- What Taylor actually does: My primary goal is to bring cannabis-related businesses the kind of sophisticated, insight-driven marketing and branding work that this industry deserves. I also contribute strategic expertise to COHN clients across additional verticals including healthcare, business-to-business, and public-private partnerships.
Taylor always thinks 10 steps ahead.
Jeff Cohn, President & CEO
THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT TAYLOR
- Cities lived in: Denver, CO; Washington, D.C.; Des Moines, IA; Fairfax, VA; Richmond, VA; Atlanta, GA; New York, NY; Durham, NC; Altavista, VA.
- What do you do in your spare time? I’m a voracious reader of just about anything – history, mystery, classic lit, random websites, celebrity gossip, you name it. My husband and I see a lot of live music, and we get up into the mountains to take our ridiculous golden retriever Tucker hiking and camping when we can. If we’re not in the mountains or going to a show on the weekend, you might find us biking around town to breweries or friends’ backyards.
- Travel memories of note: Most recently, I was in Italy for two glorious weeks of honeymooning (read: eating all the food and drinking all the wine). Aside from that, my travel history is weirdly scattershot. I’ve been to India but not England, China but not France, Australia but nowhere in South America.
- Someday I plan to go to… Vietnam. But that could change. Our travel aspirations tend to change with whichever cuisine my excellent chef of a husband is obsessed with at a given time.
- Unexpected fun fact: I was a four-time competitor in the Scripps Howard National Spelling Bee as a kid.
- A really big accomplishment: Walking away from a relatively fast-tracked, D.C.-based career to follow personal happiness in Colorado. It’s ended up making me a better person AND a better professional.
- Organizations, past and present National Cannabis Industry Association
- Who knew? Despite topping out at 5’2″, I both played volleyball and ran 100m and 300m hurdles in high school. (A town of 3,500 people and a high school of 350 students can only produce so many tall athletes, so they had to take what they could get.)
- Family matters: My husband and I had our first conversation because of a shared love for the semi-obscure southern rock band Drive-By Truckers. I walked down the aisle to their cover of Eddie Hinton’s “Everybody Needs Love.”
- A quote you love: “Living in fear is just another way of dying before your time.” – Mike Cooley, Drive-By Truckers
- Why marketing? I’ve always loved storytelling, but I’ve never been able to launch off into flights of fancy without some grounding in reality. Messaging and marketing is all about starting with nuggets of hard data or insight and building a compelling story around them. That’s where I thrive.
- Favorite author(s): Ann Patchett, Carol Shields, Elena Ferrante, Junot Diaz, John le Carre.
- Favorite smell(s): Anything oven-roasting, sun-warmed pine trees on a hiking trail, horse barns.
- Favorite sound(s): The satisfied little groan our dog makes when he snuggles into a comfy spot against me on the couch.
- What do you order at a coffee shop?: Drip coffee, black. Unless I’m actually in Italy, where it’s cappuccino every time.