VP: Planning & Integration
- Birthplace: Lincoln, NE
- College: University of Nebraska
- Previous companies: NBC Sports, Arena Football League, Kroenke Sports and Entertainment, Larimer Associates (Larimer Square)
- Brands Lisa has worked on: DDR, Hyatt, Owens Corning, International Council of Shopping Centers, Forest City, Make a Wish Foundation, Regency Centers, Taubman, Noerr Programs, REcolorado, Seattle Fish Company
- Industry experience: Corporate/REIT, Homebuilders, Office/Commercial/Mixed-Use, Retail Real Estate, Travel & Tourism, B2B2C, Professional & Trade
- What Lisa actually does: After more than a decade at COHN, I feel like I’ve done it all – PR, social media, project management, digital strategy, campaign development, and so on… That experience led to my current role, which is to look holistically at a client challenge, map out strategies and then work with our team of experts and specialists to identify which tactics best support those strategies.
Lisa is determination and grit incarnate.
Jeff Cohn / President & CEO
Lisa’s K9 Intern
COHN’s smallest and most mischievous dog is Millie, a Maltese Poodle who loves to taunt the “big kids”—Dexter and Astro—zoom around the office and finagle her way onto a lap.
THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT LISA
- Cities lived in: York, NE; Lincoln, NE; New York City; Denver, CO
- What do you do in your spare time? For the past couple of years and for the foreseeable future, I’m just trying to stay interesting to my kids. Other than that, I love musical theatre, international travel, Nebraska football, going to a baseball game, jogging, concerts, reading and a good craft beer.
- Travel memories of note: Getting a private tour from one of the building partners of the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, UAE. We not only had exclusive access to parts of the building that the public never gets to see (like the mosque on the 158th floor and the largest suite in the Armani Hotel), but we also received a comprehensive history of how the building came to be from someone who was part of the build from the ground up.
- Someday I plan to go to… South Africa and Jordan/Israel.
- Unexpected fun fact: During my time at NBC Sports, Dick Ebersol was the Chairman. To make a long story short, Mr. Ebersol happened to be in the building that day and wandered into the office I was in. I then made the mistake of 1. not knowing who he was and 2. telling him that he needed to put out his giant cigar. Let’s just say, I was probably the only person who ever told Dick Ebersol to put out his cigar.
- A really big accomplishment: Moving to New York City by myself right out of college into one-bedroom apartment that had been converted into a three-bedroom and working at NBC Sports with some of the most influential names in sports.
- Organizations, past and present: PRSA, BMA, Make A Wish Foundation
- Who knew? My first job was detasseling corn at nearby farms in Nebraska.
- A quote you love: “You can’t be that kid standing at the top of the water slide, overthinking it. You have to go down the chute.” – Tina Fey
- Why marketing? It’s an industry that changes every day, which gives me the opportunity to continue changing every day as well.
- Favorite place(s): Memorial Stadium (Lincoln, NE) & New York City
- Favorite movie(s): The One And Only Genuine Original Family Band
- Favorite sound(s): The opening notes of Sirus – Alan Parsons Project
- Favorite smell(s): Cedar
- What’s your secret weapon in life? Thick skin – which took a long time to acquire