Senior Brand Director
- Birthplace: Denver, CO
- College: University of Colorado at Boulder
- Previous companies: CenturyLink, COHN (Yes, I’m a boomerang!), Schenkein PR
- Brands CJ has worked on: In my role, I touch any brand that comes through the door. Before COHN, I worked on CenturyLink, University of Colorado Hospital, InSinkErator, Staples, Denver Preschool Program, Project C.U.R.E., Project Angel Heart, MolsonCoors, Design Workshop, Snell & Wilmer
- Industry experience: Healthcare, B2B, Cannabis, Retail Real Estate, Government, Technology
- Certifications and memberships: HubSpot Inbound Marketing, HubSpot Content Marketing, HubSpot Email Marketing
- What CJ actually does: COHN is a brand-first agency, and my role is to understand what makes our clients special, define their points of brand distinction, and help carry their brand story through to their clients and customers. It’s a privilege, and I care a lot about getting it right.
CJ probably stands for Content Junkie.
Lisa Wieting / VP: Planning & Integration
THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT CJ
- Cities lived in: Denver, Boulder, Nelson (NZ), Medellín
- What do you do in your spare time? Snowboard, yoga, golf, cook, and follow the Denver Broncos year-round.
- Travel memories of note: My fiancé and I lived in New Zealand and Colombia for a total of 18 months. It was the most incredible experience of my life.
- Someday I plan to go to… Machu Picchu, Guilin, Petra, eastern Europe, Madiera
- Unexpected fun fact: I love a good prank. I convinced my college friends that I was a gothic outcast in high school.
- A really big accomplishment: Finding the courage to step away from my career and a life that I loved in order to travel the world.
- Organizations, past and present: Denver Public Schools Foundation, PRSA
- Who knew? I previously worked at COHN from 2010 to 2012, and I returned in 2015 because I missed the people, the culture, and my place in the COHN family.
- A quote you love: Leap and the net will appear.
- Family matters: My grandfather worked at the AP for 35 years.
- Why marketing? We’re a dream team of problem solvers. That’s how it really feels. What could be better than that?
- Favorite food(s): Pickles
- Favorite retailer(s): I shouldn’t admit this at a retail marketing agency, but shopping usually stresses me out.
- Favorite place(s): Our family cabin in Fraser, CO. Or possibly Abel Tasman National Park in NZ.
- Favorite TV show(s): Seinfeld, The Wire, Billy on the Street, Breaking Bad
- Favorite word(s): Explore.
- What’s your secret weapon in life? I’m not naturally articulate, but if I have enough time to consider the topic and organize my thoughts and then write it all down, I can be very eloquent and lucid. I’ve made a career out of it!