Content Marketing Coordinator
- Birthplace: Chicago, IL
- College: University of Missouri-Columbia, Journalism
- Previous companies: C.A.R.E, Special Olympics Missouri, AdZou
- Brands Kathy has worked on: Petcurean, Allstate, Special Olympics, Documented
- Industry experience: Non-profits, Insurance, Petcare
THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT BECKY
- Cities lived in: Chicago, IL and Columbia, MO
- What do you do in your spare time? I am a little bit of a homebody, but I still love hiking, swimming, biking, shopping, visiting art museums, and going to concerts. My perfect free day would consist of sitting at the beach on Lake Michigan, going vintage clothes shopping, getting boba tea, listening to the My Favorite Murder podcast, and then watching a good horror movie at night.
- Someday I plan to go to… London, Edinburgh, Iceland, and New Zealand
- Unexpected fun fact: I am obsessed with 70s disco music. If I am ever in a sad mood, I’ll put on some disco music and dance my way to a happier state of mind.
- A really big accomplishment: Leading a team of eight through the execution and implementation of a strategic campaign for the non-profit newsroom, Documented.
- Who knew? I have to look up the parking situation of every place I go to on Google Maps, so I can plan out where I am going to park before I even leave the house.
- Favorite food(s): Sushi and anything from Portillos
- A quote you love: “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.”
- Why marketing? Change really scares me. That also means that the ever-changing world of marketing will always push me outside of my comfort zone and that is how I am able to grow. There is never a dull moment when working in marketing and that guarantees continuous excitement in my life.
- Favorite retailer(s): ASOS, 90 Degree, Aerie, Dry Goods, and any vintage clothing store.
- Favorite Movie(s): 10 Things I Hate About You, the Harry Potter Series, and The Lovely Bones
- Favorite word(s): It isn’t really a word, but I say “wowza” very often.
- Favorite Smell(s): Freshly cut grass, vanilla, bonfire, and gasoline (I hope I am not alone in this one).