- Birthplace: Minneapolis, MN
- College: University of Colorado at Boulder
- Previous companies: The Integer Group, Aiello Public Relations, MDC Holdings/Richmond American Homes, Factory Design Labs
- Brands Ali has worked on: Aspen/Snowmass, Boston Market, Callaway Golf Company, CiCi’s Pizza, Coors Brewing Company, Developers Diversified Realty (DDR), Jamba Juice, The Gap, Inc., Lend Lease, MDC Holdings, Inc./Richmond American Homes, The North Face, Oakley, Roth Distributing (Wolf/Sub Zero), Seattle Fish Company
- Industry experience: Real Estate Community Development, Homebuilders, Food & Beverage (Consumer & B2B)
- What Ali actually does: Manage the day to day operations of the agency; solve problems and try to keep things moving along without everyone losing their minds along the way and try and have fun and engage with the team regularly to get to know each person beyond just their role at COHN.
Ali is the queen of marketing around COHN.
Lisa Wieting / VP: Planning & Integration
THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT ALI
- Cities lived in: Minneapolis, MN; Kansas City, MO, Castle Rock, CO; Boulder, CO; Denver, CO
- What do you do in your spare time? Keep up with my sassy and spirited 5-year-old daughter, walk the dogs, drink wine, travel (we always have an upcoming trip to look forward to), cook (I try to make at least one new meal / recipe a month), watch House of Cards, Suits and The Voice.
- Travel memories of note: Egypt for my honeymoon, Napa (who doesn’t love a trip focused on drinking wine?), Hawaii (I’ve been to Hawaii more than 20 times and have visited all of the islands except the Big Island).
- Someday I plan to go to… Africa on a safari
- Unexpected fun fact: I LOVE shoes…always have and always will. I have more than 100+ pairs of shoes and they ALL have a purpose and get worn for the right occasion or with the right outfit.
- Organizations, past and present: Junior League of Denver, Red Cross Heroes Soiree Event Committee, Denver Ad Club, Historic Denver One Past 5, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Who knew? I am fascinated by medicine and the medical field. In my next lifetime I want to become a doctor.
- Family matters: Youngest of 4 kids; husband is youngest of 5. All our siblings and nieces/nephews live in metro Denver area. All of my siblings are in careers directly related to their college degrees, all got married (and had kids) in chronological order.
- A quote you love: “No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, show up and never give up.”
- Why marketing? Although I have a degree in marketing, I always wanted to be in fashion and be a retail buyer. But once I realized that was hard to do in Denver, I shifted focus and by luck landed in marketing at an agency and ended up loving the industry. I can’t imagine doing anything else…except maybe being a doctor.
- Favorite retailer(s): J Crew
- Favorite sound(s): Birds chirping on an early spring morning
- What’s your secret weapon in life? Not taking things too seriously.
- What do you order at a bar? Red wine, margarita, citron vodka & soda
- What superpower do you want to have? Invisible (so I can observe situations to gain insight and perspective without being seen).