Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer + Content Manager
Status Classification: Exempt
COHN Marketing is looking for a Content Marketing Coordinator to play a key role in the curation, cultivation, and execution of our content marketing, influencer and PR efforts, both for our agency and our clients. The ideal candidate is a forward-thinking, creative, self-motivated worker who believes in the power of collaboration and can execute their work with minimal oversight. Strong applicants will have experience with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Youtube, and TikTok.
In addition to administering the look and tone of our brands across social media platforms, this role will support the strategy and PR teams at COHN Marketing and will be expected to stay up-to-date with the latest trends, technologies, and best practices that can help our clients stand out in the market.
As an integrated agency, this candidate will be working with cross-functional teams and communicating with our external partners/clients; so comfort when presenting ideas and strategies is essential. Beyond verbal, this role will require strong written communication skills, comfort in storytelling and competency in executing some long-form content such as blogs, press releases, articles, and case studies.
This job is for you if:
- You are a social media enthusiast, strategic thinker, and strong communicator
- You have an editor’s eye and can apply that strong attention to detail to publishing thoughtful, well-reviewed content
- You understand a client(s) voice and mission so that you can easily communicate their brand across a variety of channels to different audiences and stakeholders
- You understand the importance of maintaining a brand’s reputation online
- You are a creative problem solver who sees a challenge as an opportunity to stand out in a competitive marketing landscape
- You are self-motivated and driven to succeed
- You can juggle multiple clients, projects and timelines concurrently
- You understand that “social media” isn’t always a 9-5 gig and are comfortable with flexible and odd hours at times
Duties + Responsibilities
- Execute social media strategies across different platforms and industries–including but not limited to retail, real estate, healthcare, technology and B2B services
- Maintain ongoing content calendars, including defining the brand voice, creative execution, and channel growth strategies
- Partner with our strategic and creative teams to ideate, develop and launch content activations and campaigns
- Monitor and analyze content performance using data tools and social learnings to inform decisions
- Distribute social media reports to key stakeholders that include informed recommendations, ongoing strategies
- Respond to complaints, queries, and comments from the online audience and share feedback with our team and clients
- Work closely with the CMO and Content Manager to develop customized content strategies for our clients and contributing to proposals for new business
- Deliver a cohesive brand experience across multiple touchpoints to maintain brand consistency
- Collaborate with our Sr Brand Director and Content Manager to ideate, execute and promote owned content for COHN Marketing including blog posts, newsletters, and social media
- Build, manage, track and optimize social media paid campaigns as needed
- Stay on the forefront of trends and marketing advancements within the social media environment; bring new ideas and applications to the team and our clients
- Support the Content Manager in influencer marketing efforts including but not limited to vetting influencers, defining influencer collaborations, tracking results and reporting
- Support the PR team in media and influencer list building, identifying story angles/opportunities and monitoring placements
As with all members of the COHN team, the Content Marketing Coordinator must follow the policies described in the COHN employee handbook, attend all internal meetings, and conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times while working to instill a positive work environment at the company.
- Associates or bachelors degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field
- Experience in the management, tools, and nuances of various social media platforms
- Conceptual understanding of running and managing paid social media campaigns
- Strategic thinker, planner, and creative problem solver
- A highly collaborative individual with an adaptable/flexible working style
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Salary Range: $35,000 – $45,000 annually + benefits.
We believe the strongest marketing and public relations results come from collaborative thinking and a spirit of working together to create breakthrough results. At COHN, we create new brands and propel existing brands forward with simultaneous expertise across five strategic areas of focus. And to do this, we hire the best.
Founded in 2000, Denver-based COHN Marketing is a full-service integrated agency that helps business and organizations achieve their objectives through collaborative brand development, digital and traditional marketing, communications and public relations strategies. Listed as one of the Denver Business Journal’s Top 10 Agencies in Denver and Denver Business Journal’s Top 5 Best Places to Work, COHN has a brand-centric philosophy that leads to winning results for clients in a variety of verticals including real estate, retail, healthcare, business-to-business and lifestyle brands. Our staff includes in-house marketing, design, digital, public relations, and social media.
If you want to work in a smart, fun and fast-paced agency environment—with a team that does stellar strategic work—we’d love to meet you. For more information visit cohnmarketing.com or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Interested? Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.