Reports to: COO and CMO
Status Classification: Exempt
COHN is hiring a “modern marketer”—someone who is confident, collaborative, solution-oriented, a creative thinker, comfortable in digital marketing spaces, and experienced in managing and growing client relationships. As a senior member of the account service team, this individual will be responsible for understanding and translating a client’s business, product lines and mission for both B2B and B2C clients, primarily in the healthcare industry. They will be accountable for nurturing client relationships, providing new and thoughtful marketing solutions (traditional and digital), campaign development/management and proving ROI via detailed and analytical reporting.
The Account Director position requires strong organizational and problem-solving skills, combined with the ability to manage multiple, sometimes complex deliverables at the same time, while exemplifying a professional, can-do attitude. At COHN, we view each role through a much broader lens. We are a team of marketers across every functionality, which means that a good idea/strategy can come from anywhere. And figuring out how to get it done is a collective responsibility. We are looking for someone who is hands on, hungry to learn, digitally-savvy, and isn’t afraid to bring ideas to the table. A “renaissance” marketer with creative chops and killer organizational skills who understands intent and outcomes behind marketing recommendations and deliverables. Someone who is resourceful, gritty, agile and doesn’t shy away from a challenge.
Salary Range: $70,000 – $90,000 annually + benefits.
Duties + Responsibilities
- Build and Grow Client Relationships
- Understand clients’ businesses and generate new ideas to enhance client performance and ROI to ultimately increase billings for each account
- Build trust, credibility and client referrals
- Develop multi-tiered agency-client relationships and ties
- Provide Strategic and Marketing Leadership
- Create relevant, innovative strategic plans that will help drive our clients’ business,
- Proactively work with clients to uncover business needs and objectives, craft appropriate strategies, and identify/implement strategies/tactics to help achieve client goals
- Create, implement and interpret effective analysis and measurement tools to support marketing recommendations
- Develop Broad Industry Expertise
- Become an expert in client business areas and products, primarily within the healthcare vertical
- Learn/apply industry digital and emerging technologies
- Effectively Manage Teams
- Whether a direct report or from another internal team, collaboratively manage account coordinators and AEs, members of the creative team, and other subject matter experts ensuring the team is providing quality work to clients
- Foster teamwork and a constructive work environment
- Be an example to those around you
- Manage Financial Performance
- Own, maintain and improve account profitability, keeping a close eye on budget, including hours available for each initiative, profitability of accounts, etc.
- Contribute to the Agency’s bottom line by creating SOWs that are smart and effective
- Balance client demands with participation in broader agency initiatives, including new business pitches and proposals
- College degree required, MBA preferred
- Approximately 5+ years of related healthcare industry experience (brand or marketing experience at an advertising agency is required) plus 8+ years of business experience for an Account Director, and 10+ years for a Senior Account Director
- Healthcare marketing experience required
- Demonstrated track record of client relationship development and service
- Proven experience in managing teams working cross-functionally within an organization
- Strong knowledge or experience in account management/coordination, client/campaign strategy, and media planning
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
We believe the strongest marketing and public relations results come from collaborative thinking and a spirit of working together to create breakthrough results. At COHN, we create new brands and propel existing brands forward with simultaneous expertise across five strategic areas of focus. And to do this, we hire the best.
Founded in 2000, Denver-based COHN Marketing is a full-service integrated agency that helps business and organizations achieve their objectives through collaborative brand development, digital and traditional marketing, communications and public relations strategies. Listed as one of the Denver Business Journal’s Top 10 Agencies in Denver and Denver Business Journal’s Top 5 Best Places to Work, COHN has a brand-centric philosophy that leads to winning results for clients in a variety of verticals including real estate, retail, healthcare, business-to-business and lifestyle brands. Our staff includes in-house marketing, design, digital, public relations, and social media.
If you want to work in a smart, fun and fast-paced agency environment—with a team that does stellar strategic work—we’d love to meet you. For more information visit cohnmarketing.com or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Interested? Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.