Senior Digital Strategist
- Birthplace: Denver, CO
- College: University of Denver
- Previous companies: Intelligent Demand, EPC Energy Services, Clique Affiliate Marketing, WESTAF, Faction Media, StarRez, University of Denver, ESPN, UBS, Hinz Automation
- Brands Bart has worked on: Condit Exhibits, Way to Go, Bike to Work Day, Way to Go-Tober, Visit Black Hawk, COHNNABIS, Canna Advisors, Regency Centers, Mazel Together, Organize My Drawer, Castle & Cooke Mortgage, PayReel, Crew Connection, CrewCloud, Urban Villages, Valley View Hospital, Comcast Business, Emerson, ESPN, SpecialtyCare, GoLite, The Clymb, LifeProof, American Rec, Johns Manville, Xcel Energy, and many more.
- Industry experience: Corporate/REIT, Retail Real Estate, Destinations, Hotels & Resorts, Premier Shopping, Travel & Tourism, Healthcare Products, B2B2C, CSR & Non-Profit, Professional & Trade Services, Technology, Outdoor and Apparel
- Certifications and memberships: Member Digital Analytics Association, HubSpot Inbound Certified, Google Partner, Google Analytics and Tag Manager Certified, Google AdWords Certified (Search, Display, Mobile, Shopping)
- What Bart actually does: Helping our clients implement, manage, and gain awareness of the digital marketing strategies and platforms available in today’s complex, digitally-focused world.
Bart’s a connector, seeing links where most don’t.
Lisa Wieting / VP: Planning + Integration
THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT BART
- Cities lived in: Aurora, CO; Larkspur, CO; Denver, CO; London, England; Denver, CO
- Other Education or Training: HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certification, University of Westminster (Cherrington Global Scholars Study Abroad Program).
- What do you do in your spare time? For the past decade, I’ve made a real push to get outdoors as much as possible. I love rock climbing, continuing my journey to hike all 58 of Colorado’s 14,000-foot (14er) mountains, skiing, yoga, running, biking, and virtually anything else that takes advantage of Colorado’s great weather. I also appreciate good craft brews, guitar jam sessions, and sentimental discussions on 90s rock.
- Travel memories of note: The first time my girlfriend and I planned a road trip to Moab, UT, one of Colorado’s famous April blizzards hit us (and the state) by surprise. With grit and gusto, we pushed west past feet of snow, closed highways, and high-centered town cars to finally reach the 80-degree desert a mere 5.5 hours away…only to witness a rare Moab downpour the next day. No matter the amount of planning, sometimes you just can’t win.
- Someday I plan to go to… Dubai, UAE to skydive over the Palm Islands. Warm weather, beachfront views, and 14,000 feet of free fall. What could be better?
- Unexpected fun fact: Despite growing up in Colorado, I’m a huge Green Bay Packers fan. The origin of the obsession is a bit “cheesy” but all secondary evidence seems to line up: German heritage, love for cheese, Midwestern roots, Bart Starr…
- A really big accomplishment: I didn’t learn to ski until I was 19. With the help of some friends (no lessons), I’m now skiing about 20 – 30 days a season on terrain that may or may not warrant a significant insurance upgrade.
- Organizations, past and present: BMA (Business Marketing Association), DAA (Digital Analytics Association).
- Who knew? In line with learning to ski at 19, I tend to go through many “life experiences” out of traditional order. I’ve never tried eggnog, saw the ocean for the first time at age 18, and by virtue of riding a dirt bike, knew how to operate a manual transmission (car) at the age of 12.
- Family matters: For the most part, my family is from the Midwest and Colorado, and most members have fairly traditional first names. Bartholomew (my full name) is an anomaly, but who knew that it could be so helpful in expediting my spelling abilities as a child?
- A quote you love: “At any moment, the decision you make can change the course of your life forever.” – Tony Robbins
- Why marketing? I love change. If allowed, marketing can be the vessel in which the world witnesses change. Marketing gives the world a voice to communicate and utilize technological evolutions, bring awareness to socioeconomic drivers, and amplify the overall progression of our modern world. I also love creativity. Marketing allows me to unleash creativity in so many ever-changing ways.
- Favorite place(s): Colorado, Wisconsin, Pittsburgh, PA, Moab (and all of Utah), Belgium, London, Scotland, etc.
- Favorite book(s): Outliers/Blink (Malcolm Gladwell), Multipliers (Liz Wiseman), Start With Why (Simon Sinek), Rich Dad Poor Dad (Robert Kiyosaki)
- Favorite sound(s): Chords built from all six strings of a beautiful Gibson Les Paul guitar
- What’s your secret weapon in life? Communication. Call it the gift of gab or an aversion to silence, but I love speaking in front of people and communicating creative, thoughtful ideas everyday.
- Tell us your nickname: Cheese. Gottula sounds like a cheese and Bartholomew adds even more color to the image.