Reports to: Chief Executive Officer + Chief Operating Officer
Status Classification: Exempt
The Finance and Accounting Manager has responsibility for all COHN accounting services, financial management, client billing, accounts payable, accounts receivables, collections, cash flow management, etc. In addition, this position is responsible for administration of employee benefits and payroll. This position does not have a support role and reports directly to the CEO + COO.
Duties + Responsibilities
- Handle all agency accounting and finance services, including client billing, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Accounts Payable
- Code and enter vendor invoices into the accounting system
- Ensure timely and accurate entry of corporate credit card charges
- Process checks
- Address vendor questions
- Accounts Receivable
- Create and mail/email client invoices
- Cash application
- Collections: follow up with clients on outstanding invoices
- Cash Flow Management
- Accounts Payable
- Preparation of financial reports and analysis for company CEO + COO including actuals and forecasts
- Work with an outsource CFO and company CPA on projections, tax planning, etc.
- Support to client services team on billing and management of client project billing
- Payroll, PTO tracking/management
- Benefits administration including insurances, 401K programs, new employee orientation and set up, managing terminations/layoffs
- Some office administrative and office management responsibilities (currently based on remote work set up)
- It should be noted that this is an “in the trenches” position. While there is some minimal support, the job requires a person who is willing to do the manual entry of data, produce the reports, and analyze them for management decision making
As with all members of the COHN team, the Finance and Accounting Manager must follow the policies described in the COHN employee handbook, attend all internal meetings, and conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times while working to instill a positive work environment at the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- 5+ yrs of specific experience in related accounting roles with progressive responsibility; preferably with an agency, or similar office environment
- Strong accounting knowledge with experience in all areas of general accounting
- Experience in various accounting systems; knowledge of Workamajig a plus
- Experience with Microsoft software; strong Excel skills a must
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong team player; proactively able to step in to support other team members as needed and share knowledge to allow cross training of all functions, builds collaborative relationships
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- And, a strong work ethic and clear motivation to learn are a must. Candidate must be a self starter and able to work well under deadline, be very detail-oriented and always be willing to go the extra mile
Salary Range: $70,000 – $90,000 annually + benefits.
We believe the strongest marketing and public relations results come from collaborative thinking and a spirit of working together to create breakthrough results. At COHN, we create new brands and propel existing brands forward with simultaneous expertise across five strategic areas of focus. And to do this, we hire the best.
Founded in 2000, Denver-based COHN Marketing is a full-service integrated agency that helps business and organizations achieve their objectives through collaborative brand development, digital and traditional marketing, communications and public relations strategies. Listed as one of the Denver Business Journal’s Top 10 Agencies in Denver and Denver Business Journal’s Top 5 Best Places to Work, COHN has a brand-centric philosophy that leads to winning results for clients in a variety of verticals including real estate, retail, healthcare, business-to-business and lifestyle brands. Our staff includes in-house marketing, design, digital, public relations, and social media.
If you want to work in a smart, fun and fast-paced agency environment—with a team that does stellar strategic work—we’d love to meet you. For more information visit cohnmarketing.com or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Interested? Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.