Reports to: Design Director
COHN is looking for a talented designer who has experience in a fast paced, multi-project based environment and is passionate about design. Creative curiosity and an optimistic outlook important.
The designer must be able to learn quickly and have the ability to handle a diverse workload including print and digital projects, work well under pressure with tight deadlines and have experience working as a core member of a team, as well as working independently.
Duties + Responsibilities
- Develop visual conceptual solutions for a full range of creative and marketing ideas with an emphasis on creating dramatic results for our clients’ brands
- Utilizes their high-level concepting skills to develop ideas, cultivate an integrated marketing approach to client business, and collaborates with writers, designers, and other team members to obtain exceptional results
- Production work for digital and print is also involved in order to see the project through from concept to final delivery
- Present to internal team and advise on all visual and messaging recommendations and /or issues
- Work closely with account group to schedule and monitor all projects
- Creating and editing marketing materials using Adobe CS and Microsoft products
- Provide and monitor accurate time and cost estimates
As with all members of the COHN team, the designer must follow the policies described in the COHN employee handbook, attend all internal meetings, and conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times while working to instill a positive work environment at the company.
- 5-6 years of full-time experience, preferably with an agency doing a mix of print and digital production projects
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Impressive print and digital portfolio of work is required (electronic or url only, please)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- A strong work ethic, motivation to learn, and willingness to go the extra mile are crucial
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple clients and projects at once
- Strong knowledge in creating solid working files and finalizing files for vendors
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Must have the ability to take constructive criticism in order to develop, refine and execute jobs
$55,000 – $70,000 annually + benefits
Benefits + Culture Snapshot
- Flexible PTO
- Hybrid work environment
- Dog-friendly office
- Team outings and social events
- Encouraged and enforced work/life balance
- Quarterly bonus structure based on agency success
- 401k match (up to 4%)
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Group benefits, including healthcare, dental, short-term and long-term disability
We believe the strongest marketing and public relations results come from collaborative thinking and a spirit of working together to create breakthrough results. At COHN, we create new brands and propel existing brands forward with simultaneous expertise across five strategic areas of focus. And to do this, we hire the best.
Founded in 2000, Denver-based COHN Marketing is a full-service integrated agency that helps businesses and organizations achieve their objectives through collaborative brand development, digital and traditional marketing, communications, and public relations strategies. Listed as one of the Denver Business Journal’s Top 10 Agencies in Denver and Denver Business Journal’s Top 5 Best Places to Work, COHN has a brand-centric philosophy that leads to winning results for clients in a variety of verticals including real estate, retail, healthcare, business-to-business and lifestyle brands. Our staff includes in-house marketing, design, digital, public relations, and social media.
If you want to work in a smart, fun, and fast-paced agency environment—with a team that does stellar strategic work—we’d love to meet you. For more information visit www.cohnmarketing.com or send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Interested? Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.