Reports to: Account Director
The Account Coordinator (AC) is responsible for providing support to his/her assigned Account Service team. This includes, but is not limited to, opening jobs, project management, and, in general, supporting the client Account Director. This job also involves general office support.
The Account Coordinator reports directly to the Account Director, but may also be assigned tasks by other members of the team. Account Coordinators oversee interns and may occasionally be asked to oversee the work of a temporary freelancer (creative), as needed.
As with all members of the COHN team, Account Coordinators must follow the policies described in the COHN handbook, attend all internal meetings, and conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times while working to instill a positive work environment at the company.
Duties + Responsibilities
A successful AC shows proficiency in the following:
- Project coordination, including managing timelines, trafficking and budgets to help keep projects on schedule and on budget, including creating weekly client status reports
- Attend client meetings and manage follow-up communications
- Responsible for copywriting, proofreading for proper spelling and grammar
- Clear communicator: written, in person and over the phone
- Write Creative Briefs and work orders/job summaries, plus create Purchase Orders and other project-related documents
- Actively participate in internal client brainstorming sessions by offering ideas for each project
- Works with clients to service their needs and requests
- Printer, media and other vendor coordination is required
- Responsible for error-free work
- Provide customer service and administrative support to Account Team and staff
- Assists with research (primary or secondary)
- Oversee project management within the agency, managing to budgets and timelines
- Work with project/team lead to effectively complete scope of work that is top-notch, but also within the terms of the contract or project
- Attend classes or trainings, as asked, and present summary to staff
- Consistently demonstrate ability to successfully move into problem-solving mode whenever challenges or concerns arise
- Work well with, and demonstrate respect for, colleagues at all levels and consistently contribute to a positive and respectful work environment
Financial and Administrative
- Maintain timesheets on a daily basis
- Submit expense reimbursement forms as appropriate
- Help coordinate client billing and management of budgets, including purchase orders, estimates and Statements of Work
- Must have a bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of full-time experience, preferably with an agency. Internships with an agency are a plus.
- Experience with Google platform and familiarity with Google Analytics
- Digital and online marketing experience, including an understanding of online marketing and website best practices is a must
- And, a strong work ethic and clear motivation to learn are a must. Candidate must be able to work well under deadline, be very detail-oriented and always be willing to go the extra mile.
We believe the strongest marketing and public relations results come from collaborative thinking and a spirit of working together to create breakthrough results. At COHN, we create new brands and propel existing brands forward with simultaneous expertise across five strategic areas of focus. And to do this, we hire the best.
Founded in 2000, Denver-based COHN Marketing is a full-service integrated agency that helps business and organizations achieve their objectives through collaborative brand development, digital and traditional marketing, communications and public relations strategies. Listed as one of the Denver Business Journal’s Top 10 Agencies in Denver and Denver Business Journal’s Top 5 Best Places to Work, COHN has a brand-centric philosophy that leads to winning results for clients in a variety of verticals including real estate, retail, healthcare, business-to-business and lifestyle brands. Our staff of 30 includes in-house marketing, design, digital, public relations, and social media. We have offices in Denver, Washington, D.C., and Pittsburgh, that serve both our national and international clients.
If you want to work in a smart, fun and fast-paced agency environment—with a team that does stellar strategic work—we’d love to meet you. For more information visit www.cohnmarketing.com or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.